I am a pensioner and the taps on my kitchen sink drip so badly that I cannot turn them off. Is there any help I can get? A person I can trust to sort it out?


Yes you can get help from the Age UK East London Handyperson service.

Funded by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets the service is aimed at promoting people’s independence and enabling them to stay in their homes in security and comfort by caring out simple repairs, preventative and remedial measures’ assisting with transfer of care from hospital to the home and support them managing for themselves and help reduce accidents in the home.

They carry out a number of various jobs, including small plumbing, small electrical and small carpentry jobs. Tower Hamlets residents received a maximum of 2 visits free per year. After this there is a charge. You need to be aged 50 or over and /or be on certain benefits.

For more information on eligibility or to book a Handyman call Age UK East London on 0208 981 7124 or 0207 182 2994 or email

Do you still need help with this? Back to FAQs main page